ImportantAs of v2.2, Yugabyte follows a new release versioning convention for YugabyteDB and Yugabyte Platform releases. For details, see Release versioning.
Current supported releases
The following release series include:
For details about the differences between the stable and latest release series, see Release versioning.
Release support policy
Support for YugabyteDB stable release series includes:
- Maintenance support: For at least 1 year from the minor release date, Yugabyte will provide Updates for such release.
- Extended support: Following the maintenance support period, Yugabyte will provide Updates for at least an
additional 180 days subject to the following guidelines:
- Updates and Upgrades will not be made to the minor release.
- Yugabyte will direct Customers to existing Updates and workarounds applicable to the reported case.
- Yugabyte may direct Customers to Upgrade to a current release if a workaround does not exist.
- End of Life (EOL): Yugabyte will post publicly on its website a notice of End of Life (EOL) for the affected Software and the timeline for discontinuing Support Services.
For details, see the Yugabyte Support Policy.
Release support timelines
|Release series||Released||End of maintenance support||End of Life (EOL)|
|v2.7||May 5, 2021||n/a||n/a|
|v2.6||July 5, 2021||July 5, 2022||Jan 5, 2023|
|v2.5||Nov 12, 2020||n/a||n/a|
|v2.4||Jan 22, 2021||Jan 22, 2022||Jul 21, 2022|
|v2.3||Sep 08, 2020||n/a||n/a|
|v2.2||Jul 15, 2020||Jul 15, 2021||Jan 15, 2022|
|v2.1||Feb 25, 2020||Feb 25, 2021||Aug 08, 2021|
|v2.0||Sep 17, 2019||Sep 17, 2020||Mar 03, 2021|
|v1.3||Jul 15, 2019||Jul 15, 2020||Jan 15, 2021|
Note: Supported stable release series include v2.1, v2.0, and v1.3, which were released prior to the new release versioning convention.
Upcoming release series
The table below includes tentative release dates for upcoming release series, subject to change.
For information on key features planned for the upcoming releases, visit Current roadmap.
|Release series||Planned release|
|v2.6 (stable)||July 2021|
|v2.8 (stable)||mid-September 2021|
Recommended release series for projects
To ensure that your production go-live uses the most up-to-date stable release, follow this guideline.
|Production go-live||Recommended release series|
|< 3 months||v2.6 (current stable)|
|> 3 months||v2.7 (latest)|
If your production go-live is more than three months from now, start your development and testing with the latest release series. By the time your production is ready to go live, the current stable release series, based on the latest release series you used for development and testing, will be available. By following this guideline, you ensure that your application is developed with the latest available features, enhancements, and fixes.