Using DBeaver with YSQL
DBeaver is a free open source multi-platform, cross-platform database tool for developers, SQL programmers, and database administrators. DBeaver supports various databases including PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL, YugabyteDB. In addition, there are plugins and extensions for other databases that support the JDBC driver. DBeaver Enterprise Edition supports non-JDBC data sources and allows you to explore Yugabyte YCQL tables.
Before you can start using DBeaver with YSQL, you need to perform the following:
For more information, see Quick Start.
Install JRE or JDK for Java 8 or later.
Install DBeaver as follows:
Creating a YugabyteDB YSQL Connection
You can create a connection as follows:
- Launch DBeaver.
- Navigate to Database > New Connection to open the Connect to database window shown in the following illustration.
- In the Select your database list, select YugabyteDB, and then click Next.
Use Connection Settings to specify the following:
- Host: localhost
- Port: 5433
- Database: replace the default value postgres with yugabyte .
- User: yugabyte
- Password: leave blank if YSQL authentication is not enabled. If enabled, add the password for yugabyte (default is yugabyte).
- Select Show all databases.
Click Test Connection to verify that the connection is successful, as shown in the following illustration:
DBeaver's Database Navigator should display Yugabyte - localhost.
You can expand the list to see all databases available to the Yugabyte User, as shown in the following illustration:
For sample databases to explore YugabyteDB using DBeaver, see Sample data.