Manage IP allow lists
To secure your cluster from distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) and brute force password attacks, you can restrict access to your clusters to IP addresses that you specify in IP allow lists. An IP allow list is simply a set of IP addresses and ranges that, when assigned to a cluster, grant access to connections made from those addresses; all other connections are ignored. Yugabyte Cloud only allows client connections to clusters from addresses in IP allow lists that have been assigned to the cluster.
The IP Allow List tab displays a list of IP allow lists configured for your cloud.
To view an existing IP allow list, select it in the list.
Create an IP allow list
To create an IP allow list:
- On the IP Allow List tab, click Add IP Address to display the Add IP Allow List sheet.
- Enter a name and description for the allow list.
- Enter the IP addresses and ranges. Each entry can either be a single IP address, a CIDR-notated range of addresses, or multiple comma-delimited addresses.
- Click Detect and add my IP to this list to add the IP address of the computer you are using to access Yugabyte Cloud.
- Click Add when you are done.
The allow list takes up to 30 seconds to become active.
To assign an IP allow list to a cluster, refer to Assign IP allow lists.