Restore universe YSQL data
On that same completed task, click on the Actions dropdown and click Restore Backup. You will see a modal where you can select the universe, keyspace, and table you want to restore to. Enter in values like this (making sure to change the table name you restore to) and click OK.
To restore YugabyteDB universe YCQL data from a backup, follow these steps.
Open the Universe Overview and then click the Backups tab. The Backups page appears.
Click Restore Backup to open the Restore data to dialog.
Complete the following fields:
- Storage Select the storage configuration type: `GCS Storage', 'S3 Storage', or 'NFS Storage'.
- Storage Location: Specify the storage location.
- Universe: Select the universe to restore.
- Keyspace: Leave blank. This is used for YCQL data only.
- Table: Leave blank. Backup and restore of YSQL data is for full universe data only.
- Parallel Threads: Default is
8. This value can be change to a value between
- KMS Configuration: (optional) If the backup was from a universe that was encrypted at rest, then select the KMS configuration to use.
Click OK. The restore begins immediately. When the restore is completed, a completed Restore Backup task will appear in the Tasks tab.
To confirm the restore succeeded, go to the Tables tab to compare the original table with the table you restored to.