Schedule universe YCQL data backups
You can use YugabyteDB Anywhere to perform regularly scheduled backups of YugabyteDB universe data for all YCQL tables in a keyspace or only the specified YCQL tables.
To back up your universe YCQL data immediately, see Back up universe YCQL data.
Create a scheduled backup policy
Before scheduling a backup of your universe YCQL data, create a policy, as follows:
- Navigate to Universes.
- Select the name of the universe for which you want to schedule backups.
- Select the Tables tab and click Actions to verify that backups are enabled. If disabled, click Enable Backup.
- Select the Backups tab and then select Scheduled Backup Policies.
- Click Create Scheduled Backup Policy to open the dialog shown in the following illustration:
- Provide the backup policy name.
- Specify the interval between backups or select Use cron expression (UTC).
- Set the API type as YCQL.
- Select the database to back up.
- Specify whether you want to back up all tables in the keyspace to which the database belongs or only certain tables. If you choose Select a subset of tables, a Select Tables dialog opens allowing you to select one or more tables to back up.
- Specify the period of time during which the backup is to be retained. Note that there's an option to never delete the backup.
- Optionally, specify the number of threads that should be available for the backup process.
- Click Create.
Subsequent backups are created based on the value you specified for Set backup intervals or Use cron expression.
You can disable all backups, including scheduled ones, as follows:
- Navigate to the universe's Tables tab.
- Click Actions > Disable Backup.