v1.2.11 Release Notes
Released June 25, 2019.
### Docker ```sh docker pull yugabytedb/yugabyte:184.108.40.206-b26 ```
File Format Change
NoteThis version includes a backward incompatible file format change for YSQL. This means that if you have an existing cluster with YSQL schema, then you will not be able to connect to the YSQL database after upgrading to this version.
There are two ways to address the above note.
- If you don't care about preserving your existing data, then delete your cluster, and create a new cluster with 1.2.11.
- If you want to continue using your existing data, then please save your data (in the form of SQL statements), delete the cluster, create a new cluster with 1.2.11 and then load the previously saved data.
- [YSQL] Lower prefetch limit to 1024 from 4098.#1206
- [YSQL] REPEATABLE READ should be mapped to snapshot isolation, not to serializable
- [YSQL] Error message on tserver startup: could not open directory 'pg_snapshots'.#1489
- [YSQL] Fixed logging setup.#1230
- [YSQL] Force use C locale.#986
- [YSQL] Distinguish tables with same keyspace+name but different schema in master UI.#1525
- [YSQL] Fix line editing in ysqlsh (psql) on Linux.#764
- [YSQL] Show table UUIDs in tablet server web UI.#1525
- [YSQL] Feature Support - FUNCTION and PROCEDURE.1155
- [YSQL] Allow WITH clauses in CREATE TABLE.#870
- [YSQL] Improve performance when executing LIMIT clause.#1204
- [YCQL] Bulk loader improvements.#1543
- Universe Key Integration for Encryption at Rest.#1364
- Store tserver metrics in system YCQL table.#1021
- Fix rocksdb checkpoint.#1491
- CDCService GetChanges RPC.#1168
- Update cql_nodelist_refresh_interval_secs to default to 300 sec#1471
- Add more commands to yugabyte-db: status, connect, version, destroy
- Intents DB should not request flush of Regular DB when it is already flushing.#1499
- Add versioning to yb-master JSON API.#1372
- Master concurrency improvements and benchmark for GetTableLocations.#1540
- Preparation diff. Use single writer skiplist in DocDB.#1240
- Take stack traces in parallel.#1509
- Jepsen-related changes to remote_release.py,#938
- Fix remote bootstrap log anchoring.#1485
- Preparation: Auto memory management for Compaction object.#1314
- Check if load balancer is active instead of checking whether distribution of tablets across tservers is nearly uniform.#1336
- Fix EnumerateIntents and add a test to capture conflicts at hash key level in serializable isolation.#1465
- Print enhanced tcmalloc stats to /memz.#1585
- Add clearer error message if YB data dir can't be created.#295