v2.1.5 release notes
Released: April 27, 2020 (22.214.171.124-b17).
New to YugabyteDB? Follow Quick start to get started and running in less than five minutes.
Looking for earlier releases? Release notes for earlier releases are available in Earlier releases.
docker pull yugabytedb/yugabyte:126.96.36.199-b17
- [BETA] The
CREATE TABLEstatement now supports the
SPLIT AT VALUESclause. #1486
- Read restart for
EXECUTEstatement if the prepared statement is
- Find and list YSQL tables in
yb-admincommands now use table ID instead of table names. #1687
DROP INDEXstatement now ignores index backfill.
DROP INDEXstatement now ignores DocDB
NotFounderrors when it doesn't have table metadata, but postgres does. #4249
- Force single row update prepare statements to use a custom plan that requires
boundParamsto be sent for creation and execution. #4219
- Improve performance of multi-column primary keys by generating
scanspecfor range partitioned tables using condition expression. #4033
- Improve tablet splitting #4169, including:
- Add support for transaction-enabled tables.
- Add WAL index flush before copying WAL during table splitting.
- [colocation] Optimization that pushes index lookup down to DocDB. #3609
- [colocation] Use range keys by default for colocated tables and indexes. #3034
- [colocation] Avoid excessive RPC requests for drop and truncate #3387
- On starting a new
yb-master(in edit and add node), update master addresses correctly in
yb-tserverconfiguration files. #3636, #4242, and #4245
- Add backup-related code changes for snapshots #3836, including:
yb-admin import_snapshotto return an error if there are less new table names than backed up tables. For example, if you rename only two of three tables, an error will be generated.
yb-admin list_snapshotto output
restoration-id(useful for verifying completed restorations).
yb-admin import_snapshotrenaming only a few tables (but not all), but keeping the specified table name the same as the old table name. #4280
- Do not return error in output of
yb-admin get_is_load_balancer_idleif load balancer is busy. [#3949]
/utilzendpoint page to display "Live Ops" instead of "RPCs" and add YSQL statements link #4106
- Fix access to reset tablet peer during shutdown. #3989
- GetSafeTime should wait instead of adding to safe time. #3977
- Add retry logic to snapshot operations. #1032
- Add TLS encryption support to
--certs_dir_nameflag) for sending secure RPC requests to the servers. #2877
yb-ctlfailing when passing
yugabyte-clientpackage now includes a
.sqlfiles) for use by Yugabyte Cloud and other remote client users. #4264
- When shrinking a universe, remove nodes in descending index order. #3292
- Add back up and restore of Yugabyte Platform using
yb_backup.pyto use the
yb-adminchanges for backup-related changes for snapshot (see System improvements above).
- Fix expected restoration state in the
- Allow users to select multiple single tables to backup in addition to specifying a full universe backup. #3680
- Customize the SMTP server for sending alert messages using configuration entries for
- [YW] Add option to specify table keyspace when creating manual or scheduled backups. #3342
- For Azure Storage blob backups, use SAS tokens instead of Service Principal client secrets.
- Add create and restore backup support for Azure Blob Storage with SAS tokens. #3721
- [YW] Add IAM Role toggle in provider storage configuration to use the IAM role instead of requiring an Access Key and Secret. #4204
- [YW] When creating a universe and AWS provider is selected, display new Use IAM Profile toggle and ARN String text field. #4199
- Use Raft configuration as a source for master addresses in
server.conffor master. #4089
- [YW] If a node appears as unreachable, it can be removed or released without generating errors. #4171
- [YW] Create GCP providers with any combination of host credentials and host (or shared) VPC. #4177
NotePrior to 2.0, YSQL was still in beta. As a result, 2.0 release includes a backward incompatible file format change for YSQL. This means that if you have an existing cluster running releases older than 2.0 with YSQL enabled, then you will not be able to upgrade to version 2.0+. Export from old cluster and import into a new 2.0+ cluster is needed for using existing data.