v2.1.6 release notes
Released: May 8, 2020 (126.96.36.199-b17).
New to YugabyteDB? Follow Quick start to get started and running in less than five minutes.
Looking for earlier releases? Release notes for earlier releases are available in Earlier releases.
docker pull yugabytedb/yugabyte:188.8.131.52-b17
- Wait for
tserverto finish creating the
transactiontable during the initial cluster startup (when the transaction table is first created) before before issuing requests that require it to exist. This was more likely an issue for CI/CD, where requests can be issued immediately. Most users would not encounter this issue. #4056
- Avoid redundant read for non-unique index inserts. For non-unique indexes, the primary key of the main table is implicitly added to the DocDB key, guaranteeing uniqueness of the full DocDB key (indexed columns plus encoded base table primary key). This fix executes such inserts as upserts and avoid the read and uniqueness check. #4363
- Enhance automatic query read restart to avoid recreating portal. Instead of recreating a portal, reset an existing one to the state which allows it to be re-executed. Eliminate memory overhead for storing potential big bind variable values (for example, long strings). #4254
CREATE DATABASEstatements, improves fault tolerance by making CREATE API requests asynchronously and adds a state machine on namespaces to be the authority for processing these modifications. #3097
- Display current query runtime (
process_running_for_ms), in milliseconds (ms), on
system.peers_v2table to be readable for
cassandra-driver-core:3.8.0-yb-2-RC1so that expected errors are returned to the driver. #4309
- [DocDB] Improve fault tolerance by enabling exponential backoff mechanics for the leader attempting to catch up the follower. If this causes any issues, you set the
--enable_consensus_exponential_backoffflag (enabled by default) to
- [DocDB] Improve row scanning by using SeekForward for intents. In testing, performance of
SELECT COUNT(*)has improved by 66%. #4277
- [DocDB] Add asynchronous transaction status resolution to conflict detection. #4058
- When performing a full move or add node on a universe that has a yb-master, the
server.conffile is now being updated with the new
- In the Backups tab, individual YSQL tables can no longer be selected. Previously, attempting to back up a YSQL table would create a failed task. #3848
- In the Metrics view, transactions have been added to the YSQL and YCQL operations charts. #3827
- Create Read Replica and Edit Read Replica pages are no longer in beta. #4313
- In the Certificates page, you can now download certificates. #3985
- In the Universes overview page, add a button to toggle on metrics graph widgets to auto-refresh or to set refresh interval. #2296
NotePrior to 2.0, YSQL was still in beta. As a result, 2.0 release includes a backward incompatible file format change for YSQL. This means that if you have an existing cluster running releases older than 2.0 with YSQL enabled, then you will not be able to upgrade to version 2.0+. Export from old cluster and import into a new 2.0+ cluster is needed for using existing data.