v2.3.1 release notes
Released: September 15, 2020 (188.8.131.52-b15).
New to YugabyteDB? Follow Quick start to get started and running in less than five minutes.
Looking for earlier releases? Release notes for earlier releases are available in Earlier releases.
docker pull yugabytedb/yugabyte:184.108.40.206-b15
Features and changes
- Fixes OOM when using
COPY <table> FROM <file>to load data from a large file to a table. #5453
- Enable 2DC replication bootstrap for YSQL tables. This allows the producer to know where to start replicating from. #5601
CREATE TABLEis 4-5x slower using Docker on Mac than not using Docker. Speeds up table creation by buffering writes to postgres system tables, caching pinned objects, and significantly reducing write RPC calls. #3503
- Roll back the catalog version made in commit
46f3701so that 2.3 upgrades can proceed. #5408
- Quickly evict known unresponsive tablet servers from the tablet location cache. Applies only to follower reads. For example, when tablet servers are unresponsive or dead — not sending heartbeats to the master for 5 minutes. This could also happen after decommissioning nodes. #1052
- Add search input and data sorting to the on-premises instances table list. Click arrows next to column titles to sort. Use the Search form to search multiple columns. #4757
- Add the ability to change the user role (
BackupAdmin) from the UI by an admin. Also, fix stale users list after creation or deletion of a user and disable Save buttons at Customer Profile tabs for
- Before deleting a universe, stop the master/tserver processes and release the instance so that if started again, the processes are not still running. #4953