v1.2.9 release notes
Released May 21, 2019.
docker pull yugabytedb/yugabyte:18.104.22.168-b14
File format change
NoteThis version includes a backward incompatible file format change for YSQL. This means that if you have an existing cluster with YSQL schema, then you will not be able to connect to the YSQL database after upgrading to this version.
There are two ways to address the above note.
- If you don’t care about preserving your existing data, then delete your cluster, and create a new cluster with 1.2.9.
- If you want to continue using your existing data, then please save your data (in the form of SQL statements), delete the cluster, create a new cluster with 1.2.9 and then load the previously saved data.
- Add support for identity column. #1267
- Support INSERT INTO … ON CONFLICT clause, #1109
- Set default prefetch limit to 4096, #1206
- Disable logical replication, #1323
- Add support for “COMMENT ON” statements, #1332
- Fix indexes on temporary tables, #1349
- Store object ids as unsigned integer in DocDB, #1392
- Disallow INTERVAL data type in a primary key or secondary index column, #1397
- Support CREATE and DROP DOMAIN, #1310
- JSON UPSERT: Avoid decoding as int to check for array offset, #1039
- Set default upper limit for CQL prepared statement cache size, #1406
- Pass upperbound to intent aware iterator, #1233
- Fix Snappy detection outside of RocksDB, #1300
- Added saving Raft group replica superblock after migration, #1403
- Implement RPC heartbeats, #950
- Add master readiness check, #1076
- Expose tablet servers page as a JSON
- Add gflag to turn on per-row consistent paging queries in transactional tabeles, #1311
- Stop applying writes when RocksDB requires a delay, #1300
- Make fast WAL recovery the default, #1370
- Reduce logging of RpcServerBase::get_current_user() and get_hostname(), #1380
- Add table of tablet-peer counts by AZ to YB master UI, #1328