v1.3.0 Release Notes
Released July 15, 2019.
docker pull yugabytedb/yugabyte:220.127.116.11-b1
File Format Change
NoteThis version includes a backward incompatible file format change for YSQL. This means that if you have an existing cluster with YSQL schema, then you will not be able to connect to the YSQL database after upgrading to this version.
There are two ways to address the above note.
- If you don’t care about preserving your existing data, then delete your cluster, and create a new cluster with 1.3.0.
- If you want to continue using your existing data, then please save your data (in the form of SQL statements), delete the cluster, create a new cluster with 1.3.0 and then load the previously saved data.
- [YSQL] Enable DO statements (a.k.a anonymous blocks).#1656
- [YSQL] Fix transaction read restart logic causing stale reads and lost writes.#1646
- [YSQL] Enable beta-features by default.#1639
- [YSQL] Fix value overwrite check in REPEATABLE READ isolation mode in YSQL.#1577
- [YSQL] Allow SELECT from sequences.#999
- [YSQL] Avoid auto-retrying non-DML requests.#1333
- [YSQL] Set the read point correctly at REPEATABLE READ isolation when turning a read-only transaction into a read-write one.
- [YSQL] Add new key column
ybindexkeysuffixto YSQL index table [format change].#1058
- [YSQL] Add support for setval().#1003
- [YSQL] YSQL catalog cache consistency checking via tablet server shared memory.#1457
- [YSQL] Fix persistence issue with catalog version.#1629
- Added built-in function toJson() for YCQL SELECT statement.#992
- Add Master UI page for tracking async tasks.#1145
- Use rw_spinlock in meta cache to decrease lock contention.#1667
- Change default maximum per-tablet RPC batch size to 32mb.#1440
- Fix for flushing old tablets based on memory usage.#1672
- Replaced OS_LINUX with linux for ifdefs.#1711
- Unified yb::SequentialFile and rocksdb::SequentialFile.#1661
- Add a compact_table command to yb-admin.#1735
- Automatically filter out YSQL sys catalog tables from YBClient calls.#1537
- Add TLS support to java yb-client.
- Allow pausing a compaction when another compaction with a higher priority is scheduled.#1314
- Fixed Tablet::Truncate to re-enable auto compactions.1765
- Fix race condition in PriorityThreadPool.#1775