v2.0.8 release notes
Released December 13, 2019.
docker pull yugabytedb/yugabyte:184.108.40.206-b5
- [YSQL] Enable client-to-server TLS encryption for postgres process when
use_client_to_server_encryptionis set to
- [YSQL] Disable the unnecessary pggate-level auto read restarts. #2812
- [YSQL] yb-admin command to delete namespace, table, and index. #3069
- [YSQL] Assertion failed on
TRUNCATE TABLEstatement. #1632
- [YSQL] Consider HASH column when seeking index for
ORDER BYclause. #2792
- [YCQL] Fixed ‘kong migrations bootstrap’ failure with yugabyte. #2829
- Add log retention by op id policy documentation. #2773
- Switch Linuxbrew to 20181203T161736. #3044
- Check transaction status after load. #2186
- [2DC] Make
cdc_pollerlog messages more descriptive
- Lower max timeout on master async tasks from 1 hour to 15 minutes. #1655
- Clean up intents written for foreign key check. #3111
- [YW] Add a Prometheus metrics export endpoint. #2459
- [YW] Recursively call task status API sequentially so there is no overlap. #2998
- [Platform] Move the CMK policy to be moved to KMS instead of having it universe level #2942
Note on upgrades from pre 2.0 releases
NoteVersion 2.0 release includes a backward incompatible file format change for YSQL. Note: Prior to 2.0, YSQL was still in beta. This means that if you have an existing cluster running releases older than 2.0 with YSQL enabled, then you will not be able to upgrade to version 2.0 or higher release.
There are two ways to address the above note.
- If you don’t care about preserving your existing data, then delete your cluster, and create a new cluster with 2.0.x.x
- If you want to continue using your existing data, then please save your data, delete the cluster, create a new cluster with 2.0.x.x and then load the previously saved data.