v1.2.8 Release Notes
AttentionThis page documents an earlier version. Go to the latest (v2.1)version.
Released May 8, 2019.
### Docker ```sh docker pull yugabytedb/yugabyte:18.104.22.168-b1 ```
File Format Change
NoteThis version includes a backward incompatible file format change for YSQL. This means that if you have an existing cluster with YSQL schema, then you will not be able to connect to the YSQL database after upgrading to this version.
There are two ways to address the above note.
- If you don't care about preserving your existing data, then delete your existing cluster, and create a new cluster with 1.2.8.
- If you want to continue using your existing data, then please save your data (in the form of SQL statements), delete the cluster, create a new cluster with 1.2.8 and then load the previously saved data.
- Suport UNIQUE constraint. #1022
- ON CONFLICT support. [#1109] (https://github.com/yugabyte/yugabyte-db/issues/1109)
- Scan path cleanup
- Create information_schema during initdb.#1251
- Storing YSQL Metrics and setting up webserver for YSQL. #1137
- Fix compilation on Ubuntu 18.04. #1277
- PostgreSQL is built in non-parallel mode. #1235
- Postgres process failed to start on Ubuntu. #1292
- Cascade truncate indexes. #1175
- Rename psql to ysqlsh. #1257
- Add support for identity column. #1267
- Allow insert multiple NULL values in UNIQUE INDEX column. #1058
- Add EXPLAIN to YCQL for SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE stmts. #861
- Fix YCQL paging handling in distributed transactions. #1281
- Support JSON operator on INSERT. #668
- Do not modify variable pre_allocated_size if fallocate() fails. #1211
- Unify yb-master and yb-tserver under one manager process
- CDC service proto definition. #1164
- Add port conflict error check to yugabyte-db
- Run initdb automatically from the master leader
- Timed out call should not take space in service queue. #1213
- Handle case when timeout is not specified in UpdateConsensus. #1265
- Speed Up Create Table. #911
- Avoid destroying Messenger and Reactor inside Reactor thread.#1279
- Fix Leader not yet replicated NoOp error. #1236
- Add libcds to thirdparty. #1220
- Separate Raft group and tablet abstractions - first step. #681
- Process callbacks for outbound calls in a thread pool.#1280
- Simplified yb-ctl output. #1360