v1.2.4 Release Notes
AttentionThis page documents an earlier version. Go to the latest version.
Released April 8, 2019.
docker pull yugabytedb/yugabyte:184.108.40.206-b5
File Format Change
NoteThis version includes a backward incompatible file format change for YSQL. This means that if you have an existing cluster with YSQL schema, then you will not be able to connect to the YSQL database after upgrading to this version.
There are two ways to address the above note.
- If you don’t care about preserving your existing data, then you can delete your older cluster, upgrade to v1.2.4 and create a new cluster.
- If you want to continue using your existing data, then please save your older data (in the form of SQL statements), delete the older cluster, upgrade to v1.2.4, create a new cluster and then load the previously saved data.
- Added support for primary keys. It is now possible to create a table with a primary key. #955
- Added support for temporary tables. #805
- Added support for CYCLE option in CREATE SEQUENCE statement. #993
SET TRANSACTION READ WRITEstatement. #1081
- Support RelationType in TableInfo to distinguish between system tables, user tables and user indexes. #906
- Fixed a crash in tserver that is observed while inserting null value into an indexed column. #945
- Fixed a bug where indexes on system catalog tables were not being updated during DDL. #1083
- Fixed detection of single row transactions on tables that have primary keys.
- Fixed MiniMaster startup race condition in test infrastructure. #1040
- Reduce per-connection overhead for cache preloading. #1090 #1091
- Faster release of sending buffers to reduce memory consumption when leader sends large updates to followers who are lagging behind. #1079
- Parallelize DNS resolution while filling system.peers and system.local tables #1000
- Script for post-processing test results and generating JSON-based result files.
- Improve stability of QLTransactionTest.IntentsCleanupAfterRestart. #1102