YugabyteDB Voyager is a powerful open-source data migration engine that accelerates cloud native adoption by removing barriers to moving applications to the public or private cloud. It helps you migrate databases to YugabyteDB quickly and securely.
You manage the entire lifecycle of a database migration, including cluster preparation for data import, schema migration, and data migration, using the yb-voyager command line interface (CLI).
YugabyteDB Voyager has the following features:
- Free and completely open source.
- Supports widely-used databases for migration and, in most cases, doesn't require changes to the source databases.
- Supports all YugabyteDB products as the target database.
- Unified CLI experience for all different source databases.
- Auto-tuneable based on workloads, by analyzing the target cluster capacity; runs parallel jobs by default.
- Progress monitoring, including the expected time for data export and import to complete, using progress bars.
- In case of failures, data import can be resumed.
- Parallelism of data across tables.
- Support for direct data import from CSV or TEXT format files present on local disk or on any cloud storage.
- Live migration of Oracle databases with fall-forward and fall-back. TP
- Live migration of PostgreSQL databases with fall-forward. TP
You can perform migration by choosing one of the following options:
- Offline migration - Take your applications offline to perform the migration.
- Live migration TP - Migrate your data while your application is running (currently Oracle and PostgreSQL only).
- Live migration with fall-forward TP - Fall forward to the source-replica database for your live migration (currently Oracle and PostgreSQL only).
- Live migration with fall-back TP - Fall back to the source database for your live migration (currently Oracle only).
YugabyteDB Voyager supports migrating schema and data from your existing RDBMS, as described in the following table:
|Source database type
|Supported versions and flavors
|Offline and Live
|PostgreSQL 9.x - 11.x
Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL
Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL
Azure Database for PostgreSQL
Amazon Aurora MySQL
Amazon RDS for MySQL
Cloud SQL for MySQL
|Offline and Live
|Oracle 11g - 19c
Amazon RDS for Oracle
The following table shows the target database support for each migration type.