Before you begin
In addition to having a cluster deployed in YugabyteDB Managed, you need the following to run the sample applications with YugabyteDB Managed:
- The cluster CA certificate. YugabyteDB Managed uses TLS 1.2 for communicating with clusters, and digital certificates to verify the identity of clusters. The cluster CA certificate is used to verify the identity of the cluster when you connect to it from an application or client.
- Your computer added to the cluster IP allow list. Access to YugabyteDB Managed clusters is limited to IP addresses that you explicitly allow using IP allow lists. To enable applications to connect to your cluster, you need to add your computer's IP address to the cluster IP allow list.
Download your cluster certificate
To download the certificate to the computer that will be connecting to the cluster, do the following:
- In YugabyteDB Managed, select your cluster and click Connect.
- Click YugabyteDB Client Shell or Connect to your Application.
- Click Download CA Cert to download the cluster
root.crtcertificate to your computer.
Add your computer to the cluster IP allow list
To add your computer to the cluster IP allow list:
- In YugabyteDB Managed, select your cluster.
- Click Add IP Allow List.
- Click Create New List and Add to Cluster.
- Enter a name for the allow list.
- Click Detect and add my IP to this list to add your own IP address.
- Click Save.
The allow list takes up to 30 seconds to become active.