Scale and configure clusters
The Settings tab provides a single point of access to scale and configure network access for the cluster.
Yugabyte Cloud suppports both horizontal and vertical scaling of paid clusters. If your workloads have increased, you can dynamically add nodes to a running cluster to improve latency, throughput, and memory. Likewise, if your cluster is over-scaled, you can reduce nodes to reduce costs. You cannot change the fault tolerance of a cluster once it is created.
Displays the cluster name.
Summarizes the cluster setup, including the region, number of nodes and vCPUs, the disk size, and fault tolerance.
You can modify the number of nodes, vCPUs, and increase the disk size of paid clusters. You cannot reduce disk size. The scaling operation is performed without any downtime, with a rolling restart of the underlying nodes.
To scale the cluster:
Click Edit Infrastructure to display the Edit Infrastructure dialog.
Enter the number of nodes, vCPUs, and disk size in GB for the cluster.
The estimated new cost for the cluster is updated dynamically.
Click Save when you are done.
The Network Access section provides the cluster connection parameters and a summary of network connections and IP allow lists.
For information on managing cloud network access, refer to Configure Networking.
The cluster host address and port numbers for the YSQL and YCQL client APIs.
Lists the VPC peers assigned to paid clusters. VPC peers must be assigned when the cluster is created.
IP Allow Lists
Lists the IP allow lists assigned to the cluster.
To assign a list to the cluster:
- Click Edit List to display the Add IP Allow List sheet. The sheet lists the IP allow lists that have been configured for your cloud.
- To include an IP allow list in the cluster, select it in the list.
- To remove an IP allow list from the cluster, deselect it in the list.
- To create a new list:
- Click Create New List and Add to Cluster.
- Enter a name and description for the list.
- Enter the IP addresses and ranges to want to include in the list. Click Detect and add my IP to this list to add the IP address of your computer.
- Click Save when you are done.
To manage your cloud IP allow lists, refer to Manage IP Allow Lists.