Alerts and monitoring
Use YugabyteDB Managed alerts and monitoring to monitor cluster performance and be notified of potential problems.
Alerts. To be automatically notified of potential problems, enable alerts for cluster, database, and billing criteria. Configure alerts from the Alerts page.
Performance monitoring. Monitor database and cluster performance in real time. YugabyteDB Managed provides the following tools to monitor your clusters:
- Performance metrics. The cluster Overview and Performance Metrics tabs show a variety of performance metrics charted over time. Use cluster performance metrics to ensure the cluster configuration matches its performance requirements, and scale the cluster vertically or horizontally as your requirements change.
- Live queries. The cluster Live Queries tab shows the queries that are currently "in-flight" on your cluster.
- Slow queries. The cluster YSQL Slow Queries tab shows queries run on the cluster, sorted by running time. Evaluate the slowest running YSQL queries that have been run on the cluster.
- Performance advisor. Scan clusters for performance optimizations, including index and schema changes, and detect potentially hot nodes.
- Metrics export. Export metrics to third-party monitoring tools such as Datadog and Grafana Cloud.
Access performance monitoring from the cluster Performance tab.
Cluster properties. View cluster activity, node status, and database properties:
- Database tables. Use the cluster Tables tab to see the cluster tables, and their database or namespace, and size. Note that table size is calculated from the sum of the write ahead logs (WAL) and sorted-string table (SST) files, across all nodes in the cluster. Changes to the database are first recorded to the WAL. Periodically, these logs are written to SST files for longer-term storage. During this process, the data is compressed. When this happens, you may observe a reduction in the total size of tables.
- Node status. Use the cluster Nodes tab to see the nodes in the cluster and their status.
- Activity log. The cluster Activity tab provides a running audit of changes made to the cluster.