Create a single-region cluster
Single-region dedicated clusters support multi-node and highly available deployments and are suitable for production deployments.
Single-region dedicated clusters include the following features:
- Multi node replication factor (RF) of 3 clusters with availability zone and node level fault tolerance.
- No limit on cluster size - choose any cluster size based on your use case.
- Horizontal and vertical scaling - add or remove nodes and vCPUs, and add storage to suit your production loads.
- VPC networking support.
- Automated and on-demand backups.
- Available in all regions.
- Enterprise support.
- If you want to use dedicated VPCs for network isolation and security, create the VPC before you create your cluster. YugabyteDB Managed supports AWC and GCP for peering. Refer to VPC networking.
- Create a billing profile and add a payment method before you can create a Dedicated cluster. Refer to Manage your billing profile and payment method.
Create a single-region cluster
To create a single-region cluster, on the Clusters page, click Add Cluster, and choose Dedicated to start the Create Cluster wizard.
The Create Cluster wizard has the following pages:
Set the following options:
- Cluster Name: Enter a name for the cluster.
- Provider: Choose a cloud provider - AWS or GCP.
- Database Version: By default, clusters are deployed using a stable release. If you want to use a preview release for a Dedicated cluster, click Optional Settings and choose a release. Before deploying a production cluster using a preview release, contact Yugabyte Support. If you have arranged a custom build with Yugabyte, it will also be listed here.
Select Single-Region Deployment and set the following options.
Select a fault tolerance for your cluster
Fault tolerance determines how resilient the cluster is to node and cloud zone failures. Choose one of the following:
- None - single node, with no replication or resiliency. Recommended for development and testing only.
- Node Level - a minimum of 3 nodes deployed in a single availability zone with a replication factor (RF) of 3. YugabyteDB can continue to do reads and writes even in case of a node failure, but this configuration is not resilient to cloud availability zone outages. For horizontal scaling, you can scale nodes in increments of 1.
- Availability Zone Level - a minimum of 3 nodes spread across multiple availability zones with a RF of 3. YugabyteDB can continue to do reads and writes even in case of a cloud availability zone failure. This configuration provides the maximum protection for a data center failure. Recommended for production deployments. For horizontal scaling, nodes are scaled in increments of 3.
Choose a region and size your cluster
Region: Choose the region where the cluster will be located, or click Request a multi-region cluster to contact Yugabyte Support to arrange multi-region deployment.
Nodes - enter the number of nodes for the cluster. Node and Availability zone level clusters have a minimum of 3 nodes; Availability zone level clusters increment by 3.
vCPU/Node - enter the number of virtual CPUs per node.
Disk size/Node - enter the disk size per node in GB.
To use a VPC for network isolation and security, select Deploy this cluster in a dedicated VPC, then select the VPC. Only VPCs using the selected cloud provider are listed. The VPC must be created before deploying the cluster. Refer to VPC networking.
Monthly total costs for the cluster are estimated automatically. + Usage refers to any potential overages from exceeding the free allowances for disk storage, backup storage, and data transfer. For information on how clusters are costed, refer to Cluster costs.
Dedicated clusters support both horizontal and vertical scaling; you can change the cluster configuration after the cluster is created using the Edit Configuration settings. Refer to Configure clusters.
The database admin credentials are required to connect to the YugabyteDB database that is installed on the cluster.
You can use the default credentials generated by YugabyteDB Managed, or add your own.
For security reasons, the admin user does not have YSQL superuser privileges, but does have sufficient privileges for most tasks. For more information on database roles and privileges in YugabyteDB Managed, refer to Database authorization in YugabyteDB Managed clusters.
After the cluster is provisioned, you can add more users and change your password.
Download the credentials, and click Create Cluster.
ImportantSave your database credentials. If you lose them, you won't be able to use the database.
After you complete the wizard, the Clusters page appears, showing the provisioning of your new cluster in progress.
When the cluster is ready, the cluster Overview tab is displayed.
You now have a fully configured YugabyteDB cluster provisioned in YugabyteDB Managed with the database admin credentials you specified.