Secure clusters in Yugabyte Cloud
Configure the security features of your Yugabyte Cloud clusters.
Yugabyte Cloud clusters include the following security features:
- Network authorization
- Access to Yugabyte Cloud clusters is limited to IP addresses that you explicitly allow using IP allow lists.
- You can further enhance security and lower network latencies by deploying clusters in a virtual private cloud (VPC) network.
- Database authorization
- YugabyteDB uses role-based access control for database authorization. Using the default admin user that is created when a cluster is deployed, you can add additional roles and users to provide custom access to database resources to other team members and database clients.
- Encryption in transit
- Yugabyte Cloud uses encryption-in-transit for client-server and intra-node connectivity.
- Yugabyte Cloud provides detailed tracking of activity on your cloud, including cluster creation, changes to clusters, changes to IP allow lists, backup activity, and billing.
Encryption in transit
Yugabyte Cloud clusters use TLS and digital certificates to secure data in transit.