Back up and restore universes
Use YugabyteDB Anywhere to back up and restore YugabyteDB universes and data
You can use YugabyteDB to schedule and manage backups of your universe data. This includes the following features:
- On-demand backup and restore.
- Scheduled backups. Schedule backups at regular intervals, along with retention periods.
- Incremental backups. Create a schedule to take full backups periodically and incremental backups between those full backups.
- Configurable performance parameters. Tune parallelization and buffers for faster backup and restore performance. In most cases, this results in 5x or more speed improvements in backups and restores.
- Point-in-time recovery. Recover universe data from a specific point in time.
NoteConfigurable performance parameters and incremental backups are mediated using the yb-controller process, which is only available in YBA 2.16 or later for universes with YugabyteDB version 2.16 or later.