Schedule a data backup
Use Yugabyte Platform to perform a regularly scheduled backup of a full YugabyteDB universe or selected tables.
Schedule a backup
- In the YugabyteDB Admin Console, click Universes in the navigation bar, then click the name of the universe you want to schedule backups for.
- Click the Tables tab and verify that backups are enabled. If disabled, click Enable Backup.
- Click the Backups tab and then click Create Scheduled Backup. The Create Backup form appears.
- Enter the Backup frequency (an interval in in milliseconds) or enter a
- Select the Storage option.
- Select the Table keyspace.
- In the Tables to backup field, select specific tables or the Full Universe Backup option.
- Click OK to create the schedule. The first backup will begin immediately and then subsequent backups will be created based on the backup frequency.
Disable a scheduled backup
If required, you can temporarily disable scheduled backups by going to the Tables tab in a universe and click Disable Backups.
Delete a schedule
If you need to remove a scheduled backup, go to the Backups tab for your universe and for the scheduled backup, click Options and then click Delete schedule. The scheduled backup is deleted.